Your Symbol of IndependenceAperson of talent and means need not limit their and their family’s lives and citizenships to only their inherited nationality. Nowadays one has the opportunity to make an active decision with regard to their citizenship, allowing them to obtain more personal freedom, privacy and security. As a firm we offer all the available options for Citizenship Programs, placing emphasis however on Cyprus’ Investment Program as it is one of the most appealing, effective and straightforward programs worldwide.
- CORE CHARACTERISTICS
Travel Accessibility & Lifestyle
By obtaining a Visa free and Visa friendly second citizenship, you automatically elimination the unwelcome costs, time wasted and hassles associated with travel for many nationalities. The freedom to travel across the world and the opportunity to invest, live and work in additional locations opens up a plethora of opportunities that were previously not as easily accessible.
Dual citizenship provides a platform for helping investors to create a truly international portfolio, with the option of multijurisdictional financial planning as well as the ability to access additional economic and bi-lateral treaties which may otherwise not have been available.
In an ever-fluctuating world, dual citizenship can provide a safety net for you to protect and remove your family from harm in case of war, persecution or unfair discrimination. It can also be used to raise your family in a stimulating safe environment with access to state of the art infrastructure, healthcare and education systems.
Investment in the Future
Obtaining a second citizenship that can be passed onto future generations, ensures that you safeguard your family’s interest forever; protecting your children, grandchildren and their generations to come – a gift that never stops giving.
- CYPRUS INVESTMENT PROGRAMME INCENTIVES
Full Cypriot Citizenship opens up access to a plethora of business, cultural and educational opportunities. Furthermore, Cyprus is a member of the European Union since 2004 and the investors and their family members who obtain the passport through the Investment Program will have equal rights with all the other Cyprus Citizens.
- Visa free travel to 171 countries & Visa friendly mobility throughout the rest of the world
- A Safe & Stable Permanent Alternative
- The right to move, reside and work freely
- Effective tax regime, including no inheritance tax, low personal income tax, special tax rates for pensioners and no wealth tax
Additionally, whether the applicant decides to live or simply visit Cyprus, the country has many advantages.
- Convenient, strategic location
- Warm climate, beautiful scenery, pristine beaches and established tourist destination
- Large International Community
- Sound Currency and Legal System
- Excellent educational facilities & first-rate health care facilities
- High quality of infrastructure, relatively economical cost of living, politically and economically stable, low crime rates.
- THE PROCESS: EFFECTIVE & SIMPLE
Effective & Simple Process
As one of the quickest and straightforward citizenship programs in the world, benefits of the Program include:
- Timeframe for the completion of the process is around six months
- No language requirements
- No need to renounce your current nationality
- The applicant’s wife and dependent children are also granted citizenship
- Parents of the applicant are also granted citizenship provided they purchase a permanent residence of €500,000
- The citizenship is indefinite and can be passed on to future generations by descent
- The majority of the required funds are not used as payment i.e. they are invested providing a healthy return
To be applicable for the scheme the applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
- Clear criminal record. Also the name of the applicant must not be included in the list of persons on whose name there is a freezing or confiscating order of property within the boundaries of the EU.
- A Valid Schengen Visa (where applicable)
- Residence in the Republic of Cyprus: The investor must own a permanent private residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least of €500.000 (Five Hundred Thousand Euro).
- A combination of investments of at least €2 million (Two Million Euros) for a minimum of five years. There are various investment options in the range of €2 million to €2.5 million applicable for the scheme.
- A donation of €75,000 to the Research and Innovation Foundation. The applicant can be exempt from this donation depending on the investments which he does.
- A donation of €75,000 to the Cyprus Land Development Corporation.
The application is submitted to the Ministry of Interior with all the documents relating to business activities and investments sent to the Ministry of Finance. Provided that the application is dully submitted and accompanied by all the necessary supporting documents and the investor meets all the criteria and conditions discussed above, the time frame for completion of the process is around 6 (six) months. Please note that if an applicant has been rejected for citizenship in any other member state of the European Union, they are not eligible to apply through the Cyprus Investment Program.
- INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Real Estate & Land Development
The applicant must invest at least €2 Million in real estate or land development projects (residential, commercial, tourism industry or other infrastructure projects). If the investment of €2 Million is in housing unit/units the acquisition of another permanent residence is not required, provided that at least one of the housing units is worth at least €500,000 and that the applicant retains the residence.
AIFs/Financial Assets of Cy Companies
The applicant must purchase units of at least €2 Million from Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) established in Cyprus and licensed by Cysec, whose investments are made exclusively in Cyprus. Additionally, the applicant can purchase financial assets of Cypriot Companies or Cypriot Organizations (i.e. bonds/ securities/ debentures registered and issued in the Republic of Cyprus) of at least €2 Million.
Cyprus Businesses/ Companies
The applicant must invest a minimum of €2 Million in acquiring, creating or participating in Cyprus businesses or companies. In order to qualify, such businesses must be based and operating in Cyprus and employ at least 5 Cypriot nationals and/or EU Nationals.
Combination of the Above
The applicant may also have a combination of the above financial criteria amounting to at least €2 Million. Within this criterion the applicant may purchase special Government Bonds of the Republic of Cyprus of up to €500,000, which will be issued by the Ministry of Finance.
- SUPPORT THROUGH EVERY STEP
As a specialized Migration Law Firm, Andreas P. Siapanis & Associates LLC ensures that each client’s case is considered independently and that integrated solutions specific for each client’s precise circumstances are created. We ensure our uncompromising commitment to our clients and greatly value the importance of personal relationships and a consistent high-quality level of work. Throughout the application process we are able to help you with the following:
- Preparation and submission of the application and all relevant supporting documentation
- Continuous follow up of the application progress to ensure a timely result
- Assistance with regards to finding, vetting and evaluating potential real estate options
- Setting up of companies in Cyprus and abroad
- Opening of Bank Accounts in Cyprus
- Drafting and/or checking contracts and other legal documents
- International Tax Planning
Vetted Investment Opportunities
To help facilitate our clients, Andreas P. Siapanis & Associates LLC has identified and vetted several investment/real estate opportunities. Our primary concern is to protect our clients’ interests by proposing investments and real estate projects which are of minimal risk, with no or little management issues. Our moto is that we only propose the investment opportunity to our clients if we ourselves would be willing to invest in that particular project/real estate.